ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Establish a safety committee, hold regular meetings, and drive results through action items.
• Establish a EHS committee and coordinate efforts between sites.
• Drive and report KPI’s on safety performance. Update metrics on the safety boards.
• Be an OSHA resident expert. Ensure adherence to all OSHA required training and facilitate or conduct both hands on and classroom training as required.
• Ensure compliance with OSHA standards for safety programs (machine guarding, hearing conversation, etc).
• Review and update Safety Manual as necessary.
• Provide teammate safety orientation.
• Schedule and monitor first aid/sprinkler/fire extinguisher program for company. This is means of inspections, corrective actions, pricing, etc.
• Work with leaders and engineering across all shifts on Management of Change, ensuring correct documentation with safety requirements (LOTO, SOP, etc).
• Develop toolbox talks, monthly safety topics, and establish communication with entire team surrounding the topics each month.
• Coordinate and schedule required safety audits (racking, guarding, sprinkler system, etc.)
• Review and coordinate PPE requirements.
• Be a key player in driving a safety culture in the entire organization.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: The position requires a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 3-5 years’ experience with Safety in a manufacturing environment. Must be able to multi-task and be deadline oriented. Must be able to work with little or no supervision. Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook required. Multi-site coordination preferred.
Ability to read, interrupt and analyze, business documents, technical manuals, and governmental regulations in English. Ability to write professional e-mails, reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and work or training instructions. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from both individuals and groups inside or outside of the organization in a professional manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to be on the production floor surrounded by moving mechanical parts and equipment. The employee must comply with the dress code and PPE requirement such as gloves, safety glasses with side shields, and steel toed shoes. Temperatures and noise levels vary. Heavy forklift traffic present.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, sit, speak and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with arms, hands, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move greater than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and color vision.
Must have valid driver’s license. Must be able to work flexible hours. Must be able and willing to travel 50% of the time.
Trachte Building Systems is an equal opportunity employer