ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Analyze and implement production and material requirements to meet customer order schedules and works with various company departments to make sure all customer orders ship out on time.
• Schedule work-in-process throughout the plant to execute a cost effective and efficient production process.
• Review MRP systems and supporting information to determine machine capacity load and existing demand capacity.
• Maintain MRP accuracy through the analysis and verification of inventory and material back flushing. Review and expedite MRP messages and coordinate material demand signals with purchasing.
• Perform and reconcile cycle counting to ensure material accuracy in Kanbans, purchased components and min/max quantities.
• Analyze and implement production movements to help resolve customer delivery date move up and push outs.
• Work with the Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Production and Inventory Control (PIC), and Purchasing departments to integrate lead times and demand that ensure production orders are released to meet customer delivery dates.
• Assist the Production Manager in planning production to meet ship dates of customer service orders for Trachte, Trac-Rite Door, and Fire Facilities.
The candidate we seek will have a bachelor’s degree in Business with emphasis in Operations or Supply Chain Management. Prefer experience with ERP/MRP scheduling software. Candidates should have a customer centric attitude, be metric driven, and have a continuous improvement mindset.
Ability to read, write and speak English. Ability to respond professionally to common inquiries or complaints. Ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups of people both in and outside of the organization including top management in both one-on-one and group settings. Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Use problem solving skills to troubleshoot. Must take ownership of projects and be able to work as part of a team. Should be a self-starter that requires minimal supervision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and speaker clearly or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Trachte Building Systems has multiple manufacturing facilities. While the office areas are generally separated from the production environment there can be moderate noise at times and variable temperatures. Job sites and travel destinations vary.