ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assemble various types and sizes of rolling steel curtain doors
2. Safely operate Automatic Door Table.
3. Safely operate roll formers.
4. Weld various axle components when required
5. Safely operate cranes and forklifts.
6. Perform daily crane and forklift inspections.
7. Perform quality inspections according to work instructions.
8. Punch in and out of work orders and document time accurately.
9. Maintain a clean and safe work area.
10. Contributing to the team effort by working where needed based on business needs.
11. Communicate any issues with paperwork, machinery, etc. with the leads and supervisors.
12. Report any safety or quality incident to your supervisor immediately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED preferred. Forklift experience preferred but will train. Previous assembly experience desired. Previous computer experience in manufacturing software a plus. Must be able to handle continuous change, prioritize, and work under deadline pressure.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English. Such as but not limited to, work orders, blueprints, standard operating procedures, and safety regulations.
Basic math skills using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to use measuring devices such as tape measures, calipers, micrometers required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job during a regular 8+ hour shift, the employee is regularly required to perform physical labor requiring continual and repetitive use of large motor skills to stand, walk, bend, stoop, crouch, push, pull, twist, turn, stretch, and reach. Also, the continual and repetitive use of fine motor skills and manual dexterity. This position is required to frequently communicate with others to exchange information, by talking and hearing required for shop safety reasons.
Occasionally lifting/moving up to 75 pounds with frequent positioning at or above shoulder height. Specific vision required to detect flaws in materials/finished product include color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment varies. Employees must wear safety eyewear with side shields and steel toed shoes and other PPE as required by the task.