ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• PLC Programming and HMI design for automated equipment.
• Motion control programming with servo and VFD drives.
• Design, program, and implement robotic processes for automated cells.
• Design and implement safety circuits and protocols for automated equipment.
• Participate in industrial machinery safety risk analysis.
• Publish drawings, work instructions, SOP’s, and training documents for automated processes.
• Provide training to teammates running automated equipment.
• Mechanical ability to assemble and fix complex automated machinery mechanics including but not limited to, air cylinder actuators, nip rolls, linear actuators (rack and pinion, lead screw, and belt drive), AC motor drive systems, stepper driven systems, and servo driven systems.
• Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and concepts either on your own or in a classroom environment.
• Ability to work and interact within multi-functional project groups.
• Other duties required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Programming: Ladder Logic, Structured Text, HMI layout, Python, SQL Database, VFD, Safety Devices
• Networking: Ethernet/IP, Managed and Unmanaged Switch Configuration including VLAN setup
• Electrical Design: Industrial high voltage (480V) and low voltage (24VDC) circuits, sensors, safety devices, and servo axes motion profiling
• Machine Design: Machine wiring, control panel wiring, and cable management through knowledge and application of the following standards; NEC, NFPA 79, and UL508.
• Tools: Use of basic tools, including but not limited to screw drivers, drills, caliper, micrometer, wire stripper, tape measure, and multimeters.
• Software: AutoCad Electrical, RS Logix 5000 and 500, MS Office (Excel, Word, Teams), Windows, NAV, MotoSIM, Ignition, AutoCad Inventor, Wrike.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology or similar field from an accredited university or college; years of experience may be substituted for degree. Knowledge and experience preferred. Yaskawa robotics, Rockwell PLCs, Ignition HMI/SCADA, and ability to design and implement robotic work cells. Ability to read measuring equipment, drawings, and printouts required.
Ability to read English as well as analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals. Ability to professionally respond to common inquiries or issues from regulatory agencies or teammates in English. Ability to effectively present information to teammates at all levels of the organization.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of modern algebra, and statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as linear/non-linear graphing. Understand Ohm’s law and apply it. Understand basic Newtonian physics principals and equations and how to apply them to motion mechanics.
Ability to apply principals of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete steps.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The teammate is regularly required to be on the production floor surrounded by moving mechanical parts and equipment. The teammate must comply with the dress code and PPE requirement such as safety glasses with side shields, hard hat, and steel toed shoes. Temperatures and noise levels vary.
The teammate is also regularly required to be in an office environment sitting for periods of time at a computer desk or in meeting rooms.
While performing the duties of this job, the teammate is regularly required to walk, stand, sit, speak and hear. The teammate frequently is required to reach with arms, hands, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The teammate must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move greater than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and color vision.
Must have valid driver’s license. Must be able to work flexible hours as needed. Some travel to other plant facilities in other states required (15% yearly average).